Top 7 Reason to Charter in Greece for 2023 Summer
Greece is an ideal location for chartering a yacht in 2023.
With its crystal-clear waters, varied coastline, and rich cultural heritage, Greece is the perfect destination for a sailing holiday. Its vast archipelagos are the perfect playground for exploring the many islands, coves, and picturesque fishing villages that line its coasts. The warm climate, stunning landscapes, and friendly locals make it an ideal destination for a memorable sailing experience. In addition, Greece is known for its excellent cuisine and vibrant nightlife, so there are plenty of opportunities to enjoy the best of what the country has to offer.
Book A Catamaran Greece Charter here!
First and foremost the country possesses unparalleled natural beauty, from the sandy beaches of the Greek Islands to the rolling hills of the mainland, Greece offers some of the most breathtaking scenery in all of Europe.
1) The Greek Islands are scattered across the Aegean and Ionian Seas. Each island has its own unique beauty, from the lush green forests and crystal clear waters, to the bright white and blue houses of Santorini and the wild nature of the Saronic. Greece's islands are a paradise for sun-seekers, beach lovers, and outdoor adventurers alike. All of the islands are accessible by boat, so you can explore the varied landscapes, culture, and cuisine of each island. If you're looking for a relaxing escape, the Greek Islands offer plenty of quiet beaches, secluded coves, and peaceful villages. For those seeking a more active holiday, there are plenty of activities to choose from, such as sailing, snorkeling, hiking, and diving. Whatever your preference, you're sure to find something special in Greece's beautiful islands.
2) Let’s not forget, Greek History has left a lasting legacy to the world. It is the foundation of many of the values and principles that are held in modern society today. Greek democracy was the first to recognize the rights of citizens and the importance of the rule of law. Ancient Greek art and literature continue to influence modern art and literature, making them some of the most enduring works of art.
The Olympic Games, which were first held in Ancient Greece, are still celebrated today, representing the ideals of international cooperation and brotherhood. It is from the ancient Greeks that we have inherited the concepts of democracy, philosophy, literature, and art. The Greeks also developed the earliest known scientific method, as well as the foundation for mathematics and geometry. The influence of Greek culture can be seen in the architecture, language, and literature of many countries today. Greece is home to incredibly rich history where guests can explore the ruins of ancient civilizations, such as the Acropolis of Athens, the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Delphi, and many more significant discoveries which await in the vast amount of islands and sights available to explore.
3) The Greeks themselves are known for their outgoing personalities and vibrant nightlife. With lively taverns, waterfront bars, and cosmopolitan clubs, Greece is the perfect destination for a night out. In Athens, visitors can find a variety of bars, clubs, and lounges.
For a more laid-back atmosphere, check out the many rooftop bars and cocktail lounges. For nightlife in the islands, Mykonos is the most famous of all. The island is known for its wild nightlife, with beach bars, clubs, and dance floors. No matter where you are in Greece, you’ll find plenty of options to enjoy a night out. The taverns and restaurants also offer themselves for those who choose to dine under the stars and prefer intimate moments with loved ones in more of a traditional setting. One thing is for sure, no matter which you prefer, expect to have good times wherever you are in the country.
Another characteristic which attracts people from around the globe is the incredibly diverse and wonderful cuisine available in every region you visit. Enjoy the delicious flavors of local seafood, olives, and Greek wine, paired with fresh produce from local markets.
4) Greek cuisine is a Mediterranean cuisine consisting of the traditional dishes and ingredients found in the geographically diverse regions of Greece. Common ingredients include olives, olive oil, feta cheese, grains, tomatoes, herbs, fish, and yogurt.
Popular dishes are moussaka, souvlaki, dolmades, spanakopita, and Greek salads. Yes, Greek food is very good indeed! Renowned for its fresh, flavorful ingredients and its creative use of Mediterranean herbs and spices. The cuisine is also known for its healthy aspects, such as its reliance on olive oil, fresh vegetables, and lean meats. Greek food is sure to please the whole family, whether you’re looking for something light or a hearty meal.
The Greeks rely heavily on the use of fresh, seasonal ingredients. This ensures the fullest flavor and highest nutritional content. Olive oil is a staple in the Greek diet and is a healthy source of fat. Greek dishes often incorporate a variety of herbs and spices, such as oregano, mint, rosemary, and thyme.
They have an excellent balance of ingredients, which often combines sweet and savory flavors, creating mouthwatering dishes. Greek food is often cooked on a grill, which adds a smoky flavor to meats and vegetables. Fresh fish and shellfish are also very popular dishes in Greece, especially during the summer months at the many seaside taverns available in gorgeous locations.
5) Another distinct characteristic and reason to charter in Greece in 2023, is the extremely relaxing atmosphere. A Greek holiday could involve spending time at the beach, exploring ancient ruins, visiting archeological sites, enjoying the local cuisine, and relaxing in the sun. There are plenty of activities to enjoy as well, from hiking in the mountains to sailing to secluded bays and coves. Many people also enjoy exploring the local villages and towns, shopping for souvenirs, and sampling the local nightlife. There are just so many ways to spend your time, it is virtually impossible for anyone to get bored.
6) It is also worth noting that a yacht sailing charter is a great way to experience the country in style, without breaking the bank. Chartering a yacht in Greece can be much more economical than booking an entire cruise for a family or group of friends. Costs for a yacht charter are generally much lower than the cost of a cruise, allowing you to save money while still enjoying the beauty of the Mediterranean. With a yacht charter, you have the flexibility to create your own itinerary and explore the Greek islands at your own pace. You can also choose to spend time in ports and cities that you find interesting. There are a wide variety of locations to explore in Greece, from the beautiful beaches of the Cyclades to the charming Islands of the Saronic Gulf, there is simply something for everyone. With a yacht charter, you can visit multiple destinations in a single trip. Chartering a yacht in Greece allows you to relax and enjoy the tranquil atmosphere of the Mediterranean. You can spend your days enjoying the warm sunshine, swimming in the crystal clear waters, and exploring the diverse cultures and attractions of the country. When chartering a yacht, you can choose a professional crew to take care of the vessel and ensure that your enjoyment and safety are prioritized at all times.
7) Lastly, the warm hospitality of the Greek people will make you feel right at home. Greek hospitality is legendary, and it is a cultural tradition for Greeks to welcome visitors into their country with warmth and generosity. Greeks believe that visitors should be treated with respect and hospitality, and often go out of their way to make sure that guests feel comfortable and welcome. This tradition is rooted in ancient Greek culture and is still practiced today. Greeks often offer food and drinks, as well as sightseeing and other activities. Greek hospitality is a sign of respect and friendship and is a great way to experience the culture and learn more about the country and its people.